Sunday, February 20, 2011

Cheesy Potatoes

I received a cookbook as a gift from Temple United Methodist Church. Carol M. gave me the book as a thank you for visiting their church this morning. The minister was on vacation, Susan Harrison Wolffis was the guest speaker. Susan writes a lovely human interest column for the Muskegon Chronicle. I have always enjoyed reading her columns. Tonight, for dinner, I prepared a side dish of Cheesy Potatoes from page 20 of the cookbook. As I write this, I just realized that the person who submitted the recipe is Susan's mother.

Cheesy Potatoes

3 T. butter
6 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
1 tsp salt (optional)
1/4 tsp pepper
1 c. milk
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
Chopped fresh parsley

Melt butter in large non-stick skillet.
Cook potatoes until almost tender and lightly browned.
Sprinkle salt and pepper and pour milk over all.
Boil gently until milk is absorbed.
Sprinkle with cheese and allow to melt.
Garnish with parsley.
Serve immediately.

I cut the recipe in half and it made more than enough for the three of us. Very easy to prepare and delicious to eat. I can't wait to try other recipes from my new cookbook. I do enjoy locally produced cookbooks. I noticed the lovely lady who presented the cookbook to me has some healthy choice recipes in the book - maybe tomorrow.....

No comments:

Weather, Here & There

Here: ------------------------------------------------------ There: