Monday, September 1, 2008

Para-Sailing

It all started with a brochure about para-sailing. And then a simple question "anybody every want to try this?" "NO WAY," said my husband, Steve. "Not me, said Tom. "Hmm, I might be interested," said Steve N.

That is how Steve & I wound up hooked to the end of a 600 foot skinny yellow rope sailing above Lake Huron last Sunday evening.

I recommend this experience! The feeling of swinging high in the air and viewing the beauty around you is fantastic.

Since I do not like plunging into cold water I was thrilled to find out the sail was done with a dry take-off and a dry landing! Unfortunately, my landing was not completely dry. The seat of my pants landed on the only puddle of water on the landing deck. Oh well, a little uncomfortable for a short period of time.

No comments:

Weather, Here & There

Here: ------------------------------------------------------ There: