Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Nationwide is on my side.....

There are always signs that warm weather is around the corner.....

A crocus poking its head out of the ground, spotting the first robin, garden centers opening, ice cream shops are open, the drive in theater is showing movies and taking the hardcover off the Jeep and installing the soft top. Well, the garden centers, ice cream shops and drive in theater are all open! Last Saturday was the day. It was beautiful out. We drove over to the garage to swap the tops. We removed the bolts from the hard cover and was just getting ready to unhook the top when the soft top was pulled off the storage shelf.

Apparently a herd of mice threw a party and my Jeep soft top was the scene of the crime. The top has three holes chewed through it and heavy damage caused by mice feces and urine - bottom line the top is ruined!

Monday morning I started making phone calls to my insurance company. I received my answer Tuesday morning...Fortunately, Nationwide (my insurance company) IS on my side. The damage is covered under my comprehensive insurance policy. I am so grateful. Now, I need to come up with a better plan for storing the soft top next winter. Well, I have four months to think about this.....

Photobucket

No comments:

Weather, Here & There

Here: ------------------------------------------------------ There: