Sunday, May 17, 2009

Conversation with Students

I had a small group of 5th grade girls hanging out in the library last week. One of the girls said she she could not believe she had not read one of the books until she was 10 years old - then she said "Can you believe that?"

My answer was "Yes, I can believe that because I didn't read it until I was 50 something."

The next thing, I see the girls in a huddle whispering. I hear one of the girls saying something about me being "that old". So, I speak up and say "Is there a problem girls?"

Rachael, the spokeswoman says "No offense, but we did not think you were that old - we thought you were like 45 or something much younger....."

Hmmm, what would she say if I didn't cover all this grey hair?

No comments:

Weather, Here & There

Here: ------------------------------------------------------ There: