Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Life Style Change update

I can't believe it's been a month since my last post. We are still embarking on the life style change I mentioned in the last posts. To date, da hubby has lost over 40 pounds, I've lost over 30 pounds, I'm not too sure about the son.

We have cut back drastically on going out to eat. Last week I made several different soups which we had some leftovers. The leftovers went into the freezer and will be ready for suppers next week. Last night I made cheese broccoli soups - low fat. The hubby & son were not too impressed. I guess they are used to the thick, heavy fat filled soups ladled out at local restaurants. Personally, I found the texture and taste superb! The basis for the soup was not actually leeks & brocolli. I must admit, I've never knowingly eaten a leek until yesterday.

Tonight I used the Betty Crocker 300 calorie cook book to prepare a delicious Creamy Chicken Noodle Casserole. It was delicious. The hubby & I have been married for over 30 years - I have never seen him eat any meal without saturating the food with pepper. Tonight he did not add any pepper to his casserole - the the dish was prepared without a dash of additional spice! So much flavor and I used all low sodium products. Could it be our taste buds are adjusting to the new food rules?

Tomorrow I will post the recipe for the Chicken Noodle casserole so others can enjoy it too.

No comments:

Weather, Here & There

Here: ------------------------------------------------------ There: