Sunday, January 5, 2014

Making a t-shirt Quilt

The first T-Shirt memory quilt I made was for my daughter.  I measured the designs on the front and backs of her shirts saved from elementary, middle and high school then cut graph paper to make a model of the quilt. It all fit nicely and the 4+ pages of graph paper taped together hung on the back of my bedroom door for years.  When I finally got the nerve to cut the shirts, I was amazed at how quickly the shirts went together.  I started the procrastination when she was a freshman in college (2003) and gave her the finished quilt her senior year, last semester (2006). All of the work, except design, was completed in 2006 and probably took a couple of weeks.

I am now in possession of a friend's t-shirts.  The designs, front and back have been cut out and measured.  Little rectangles of graph paper have been cut to scale, fabric has been purchased.  I have been playing with the layout.  As soon as the little rectangles fit together I will submit the design for final approval.  Then, the real fun begins.


No comments:

Weather, Here & There

Here: ------------------------------------------------------ There: