Friday, March 14, 2008

Casserole Swap


I'm part of this really awesome cooking forum on-line. It all started with a search for a recipe. Then, I started visiting the various forum sites. Last month, I participated in the ABC "B" Swap which I posted some pictures of. I didn't have my camera home when my B swap package arrived but there was some really cool stuff in it, including: a souvenier hockey stick (my swap partner is from British Columbia, a "bag" for my toiletries when traveling or going to the gym, an awesome butterfly magnet and butterfly windchimes, a bubble/bobble fishy pen (really cool)... all in all some really nifty fun stuff.


This month, I'm participating in three swaps (I think I'm addicted!) The swap themes are:

1) Spring/Easter

2) Casserole Dishes

3) Garden/Spring


Today I went to the post office and mailed the box of goodies to my Spring/Easter partner and the first of two boxes to my casserole dish partner. Later, when I got home the postman visted and left me a box of goodies from my casserole partner. It is really strange because she included some extras in my box. The extras were all items I have looked at recently at the store but have been too "cheap" to buy them. What's really strange is I was planning on shopping this weekend and would probably have picked them up because I thought it over ....... My swap partner is a stranger who has only met me in this forum and e-mailed back & forth a couple of times but it seems like she really knows me.


Just in case she is reading this, I won't tell what is on the cutting table and sewing machine in my craft room but will post pictures here after I finish them and she receives them. But, for now, here is a pictures of the goodies she sent me.


I will post pictures later this month after I receive my spring swap package and garden package. If all goes well, my garden swap package should go out in the mail tomorrow or early next week. I just need to buy tape to seal the box.

No comments:

Weather, Here & There

Here: ------------------------------------------------------ There: