Saturday, October 9, 2010

One Week Later....

I've had the scratchy throat, cough, sneezes and sniffles for one week now. It is time for this crud to leave. This morning, after lounging too long in bed, I decided to get out of the house. Da hubby, who is working 3rd shift, was sound alseep as I tiptoed out of the house. My first stop was at Grand Traverse Pie Company. I ordered a bowl of oatmeal and a cup of coffee. The oatmeal was served with blueberries, pecans, brown sugar and milk - all on the side. Absolutely delicious. After consuming my breakfast, I drove down the road to the Sweetwater Market. It is actually not a market but a small group of people selling organic and healthy items. I purchased peppermint soap, biscuits for the dog, apple/chicken sausages and ground chicken - from free range chickens. In the process of making my purchases, I had delightful conversations with several of the vendors. One lady has a daughter who is also serving in the Peace Corps and it was fun listening to her stories of her daughter's work.

After leaving the market I traveled to the strip mall where Hobby Lobby was calling my name. I happened to browse through the framing section where I found shadow type frames were on sale - 1/2 off!!! How could I resist. I still have the momentos from our trip overseas that need to be preserved. What a perfect way. And, since I saved so much on that purchase, I decided I needed (well wanted) two new craft books.

My day was completed with a trip to Snap Fitness where I spent 30 minutes on the recumbent bicycle, 15 minutes on the Cybex weight machines and 30 minutes walking on the treadmill. My efforts burned over 400 calories!

U of M and MSU are playing football, they are in the 3rd quarter. I think I shall retire to the sewing cave to be productive and listen to the final quarters of the big game.

No comments:

Weather, Here & There

Here: ------------------------------------------------------ There: