Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sticky Notes

Some of my teachers have a new reading practice with their students. As the students read, they keep sticky notes close at hand. If the student has comments or questions about something they read, they write them on a sticky note and stick the note on the page. This is a good practice to help students build stronger reading skills but quite often the students forget to remove the sticky notes from their library books when they return them.

I have a very small window of time for checking in and shelving library books. Unfortunately, it take up valuable time removing all of the sticky notes. Several weeks ago I reminded my students to please remove the notes before returning their library books.

Last week all of the notes were removed except two. One note was blank but the 2nd note was addressed to me:

Dear Mrs. Ogama
You are cool.
I Love to
read Books

Shiann M

How sweet is that! The note may have slowed me down a bit but it sure made my day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It will be hard to top that one! A real heart grabber. Relish, enjoy, you deserve it!

Weather, Here & There

Here: ------------------------------------------------------ There: