Thursday, April 7, 2011

More on DC

Sorry I haven't posted about our adventures of yesterday - I'll do it later, I promise.

Today was already an adventure.  Linda & I packed a couple of flat rate boxes to send some of our extra stuff home.  I walked a little over a 1/2 mile to bring the boxes to the post office.  This involved crossing three busy streets.  Being from the little city, I am not extremely confident in crossing six lane roads but, with the assistance of a young homeless man, I made it unscathed.

At the post office a man pulled in as I crossed the parking lot.  He almost hit a pole, pulled forward and parked katty-wumpiss.  Then, he just sat in his card.  As I taped our boxes closed, the clerk kept an eye on him and soon determined something was not right.  She went outside to check on him and he said he "felt dizzy."  The clerk came back in and called 911.  As I walked back to the hotel I heard sirens, soon police and ambulance were arriving to help the man.

Anyway, our boxes are now safely in the hands of the postal department.  Unfortunately, my suitcase is still heavy and the wheels pretend like they do not want to roll.

Heading home this afternoon!  Oh, the fun we had

No comments:

Weather, Here & There

Here: ------------------------------------------------------ There: