Friday, June 6, 2008

Bronchitis

The last couple weeks of school are very busy. We spend time trying to track down students with overdue library books. The boss is obsessed with reading the shelves so all the books are in order. She prefers to read the shelves together because it's boring reading by herself. I prefer reading in absolute peace and quiet and would rather read my own shelves. I was not looking forward to reading shelves under her watchful eye. I spent Monday checking in books and sending out numerous overdue notices. The teachers kept telling me I looked terrible or sounded terrible. I had a horrible cough. I threatened to go home if one more person made a negative comment.

Tuesday morning we were supposed to meet to read shelves together. Well, Monday night I spent most of the night awake coughing & barking. Tuesday morning, I called in sick. Tuesday night I had trouble breathing, coughed so much I could catch my breath. Took a really hot shower hoping it would break things up - just made things worse so off we went to the medi-center. Diagnosis - bronchitis and do not return to work until June 6. I know the "boss" is mad and probably thinks I did this on purpose - ha! I would never get this sick on purpose. At least I didn't have to read her shelves.

Just came back from a follow-up visit to the doctor's office. More meds and instructions to change the timing of the other meds. She says I should be feeling like super-woman in a few days - but too late to read shelves. School it out for summer!

No comments:

Weather, Here & There

Here: ------------------------------------------------------ There: