Thursday, June 19, 2008

Summertime

Photobucket

DD sent this cartoon as a suggestion for making our travel a little easier. It gave me quite a chuckle.

Earlier this week, I got up bright and early. I puttered around the house, doing a little cleaning, sewing, sat outside & drank my coffee & read a book. Then I decided to make a strawberry pie. I made the homemade pie crust, popped it in the oven and proceeded to clean & hull the berries. I took the beautiful crust out of the oven and started the pie filling. As I stood at the stove stirring, I realized I had left the oven on so I turned it off. I was shocked to see the time was already after 1:00. DH would be home from work shortly after 2:00 and here I was still in my PJ's. I finished making the pie filling, popped the pie in the fridge and then hopped in the shower. After getting dressed, I glanced at the clock in the bedroom. Imagine my surprise when I realized it was just a little after 9:00 am. Apparently, after a power outage last week, nobody bothered to reset the clock on the stove.

No comments:

Weather, Here & There

Here: ------------------------------------------------------ There: