Thursday, June 12, 2008

Second Hand Loot

I was in a 2nd had store the other day, looking for dominoes when I spotted several great buys. One was an old sewing machine complete with cabinet, chair and a bunch of accessories. I have no idea what some of the accessories are but it looks like a bunch of fun. Even if the machine doesn't work, the cabinet will make a great work surface.

Right by the sewing machine was a tall narrow cupboard. I'm sure the paint job was somebody's pride & joy once but it kinda made me chuckle. I looked at the cupboard and the price tag saig $5.99. What a deal, look past the paint & it would make a very useful cabinet in the craft room. I paid the nice man and slapped two sold signs on the sewing machine & cupboard. We went home & swapped vehicles and went back to pick my items up. This morning, I moved the cupboard outside and spent the day painting & waiting for paint to dry. I've got some before & after pictures but they are not loading properly - technical difficulties. Perhaps another day...

No comments:

Weather, Here & There

Here: ------------------------------------------------------ There: