Tuesday, June 24, 2008

VU WeekTwo, Part One




The four pictures above show the vegetable picture tube, scale = 20, step = 125. The pictures show placement using 1) Random, 2) Incremental, 3) Continuous and 4) Angular

In each one of the pictures I drew separate lines - starting at top/left, I went left to right, top to bottom, right to left, bottom to top. Then on the diagonal, top left to bottom right, bottom right to top left, top right to bottom left and finally, bottom left to top right. On the incremental picture, I randomly placed vegetables in open spots. On all four pictures I clicked at the beginning of a line then placed my pointer where I wanted my line to end, held the shift key & clicked - thereby getting a straight line. I think these pictures show a good comparison of the differences between the four placements: Random, Incremental, Continuous & Angular.

I am not showing the differences between
scale (which determines the size of each image, the bigger the number the bigger image) or
step (which determines the placement of the image, bigger numbers mean more pixels between images-from center of one image to center of another) or
placement (how the image is placed - continuous=even, random=step size varies between 1 pixel & chosen step size)

No comments:

Weather, Here & There

Here: ------------------------------------------------------ There: