Friday, August 15, 2008

The Five Second Rule Does NOT Apply to Surgery


I went to the doctor today for my post surgery check-up. The foot is healing quite well, no swelling. Unfortunately, the 2nd toe is not 100% in the right direction. The doctor taped it to the big toe, we are hoping during the healing process during the next two weeks will train the toe in the right direction. The big toe appears to look good. The doctor gave me permission to start resuming most of my normal activities - within reason. I can't get the foot wet and I still must wear the surgical boot which will restrict me from running any marathons. I've never ran a marathon before, why start now!

I can drive, sew, walk carefully..... I just have to take it easy & know when to rest.

The doctor had me laughing. He told me about dropping the pin on the floor during my surgery. The pin he put in my foot cost more than his fee to do the surgery. He had the pin in the drill and turned to put it in my foot but the pin fell off the drill and onto the floor. He says "Oh, shhhhhh..." The pin had to be tossed and a new pin was placed in my foot. He said "It's too bad the 5 second rule didn't apply!" This doctor has such a wierd sense of humor. I just thankful I was sleeping during the surgery. Nobody wants to hear their doctor swear while performing surgery - almost like hearing oops!

No comments:

Weather, Here & There

Here: ------------------------------------------------------ There: