Thursday, September 23, 2010

Dancing with the Stars and Rain

The new season of Dancing With the Stars began this week. I love watching DWTS. I was glued to the TV Monday night - opening night of the show. I immediately fell in love with some of the stars and, at the same time, hoped certain other stars would be sent home soon.

Tuesday after work I came home, changed my clothes & headed to to the gym before dinner so I would be home for DWTS at 8 pm. Well, I got to the Jeep & didn't have my keys so I went back in the house to grab my keys. I drove to the gym - about 15 minutes from home. Upon arrival in the gym parking lot I realized I forgot my gym pass key - the key that opens the door for me. Drat, I drove back home. By the time I arrived at home I realized I was really tired and opted to take a nap instead. After a 30 minutes nap, I got up & fixed supper for da hubby & me. After supper I decided to go back to the gym.

I had a pretty good work-out - 20 minutes on the recumbent bike, 30 minutes on the weight machines and then I headed to the treadmill. After 5 minutes on the treadmill, DWTS came on TV. Oh-oh!!! I gave it a little thought and then changed my treadmill time from 20 minutes to 55 minutes and proceeded to walk & watch DWTS. Soon I realized the show was going to go 2 hours that night so I calculated what time I would have to leave to get home before the first people were told they were safe this week. Unfortunately, about 15 minutes before I planned exit, the facility lost satellite reception and the TV's went mute.

I quickly changed my shoes, grabbed my purse and headed to the exit. That is when I realized it was raining - buckets!!! I made a mad dash to the Jeep which fortunately was parked in the first row straight out from the exit. It was raining so hard I was drenched by the time I unlocked the Jeep door. I made the decision to drive through the "hood" instead of taking the business loop home. Talk about terror - branches had fallen and the roads were flooded. All I could think was a branch was going to fall down and through the soft top of the Jeep. I managed to make it home unscathed. I rushed in the house & turned on the TV. I made it in time to hear who the first "safe" couples were. I sat through the final hour of DWTS in my wet clothes - afraid I would miss something important if I left the room to change.

I think I will be more cautious about timing next week.

No comments:

Weather, Here & There

Here: ------------------------------------------------------ There: