Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Monday morning, as I left the house, I found someone had ransacked my Yella Jeep. I feel so violated to know somebody pawed through my belongings but I was also angry to find out they also stole my bike. I just paid to have my bike tuned up, got a new seat - comfy for my old lady butt. The bike also has high handlebars so my old lady back doesn't get hurt bending over. I drove throughout the neighborhood looking for my bike but didn't find it. I filed a police report and I called several pawn shops in the neighborhood. No bike. Everytime I pass a person riding a bike I look to see if it's my bike.

Tonight, da hubby and I are coming home from dinner with his sister. As we traveled along Getty Street we spotted a kid on a bike. We both realized at the same time it was my bike. Da hubby did a quick turn around (luckily there was minimal traffic on the 5 lane road). As soon as the kid saw the yella Jeep turning around, he ditched the bike and ran into a dump of a trailer park. We looked for the punk but he was too fast. My bike is now home, safe, sound and locked up.

No comments:

Weather, Here & There

Here: ------------------------------------------------------ There: