Friday, September 10, 2010

Mixed Emotions

The first week of school is over. The first couple of weeks are always quite interesting. We have schedules that we tweak over and over. No matter how much we tweak, there will always be teachers who are not happy. Such is the case today. The teachers were given an option - do you want library time on Wednesday or Friday afternoon. "I want Tuesday" was the response. That was not an option. To have library on Tuesday would mean I would be switching schools three days instead of one. When I switch school, I waste 20 minutes travel time. Twenty minutes also equals the amount of time I spend with one class. Twenty minutes is time well spent shelving, processing or repairing books. I prefer to be flexible and do what is best for the students. It is not all about me.

No comments:

Weather, Here & There

Here: ------------------------------------------------------ There: