Saturday, September 11, 2010

Rainy Day

It's been awhile since I locked myself in my sewing room, otherwise known at The Cave. Today turned out to be a perfect day to return. Plans for this morning were to meet Linda at the White Lake library for a walk along the beautiful bicycle path. After our walk we were going out for lunch and then to her mom's duplex to help Linda lift & load some boxes into her car for delivery at the Whitehall Goodwill Store. Unfortunately, it rained this morning. Actually, it rained all day. We tabled our plans, perhaps tomorrow afternoon would bring better weather.

Since da hubby is working 3rd shift, I knew I would either have to leave the house or be very, very quiet. When I got up this morning he was sleeping soundly in the recliner in the living room. He continued to occupy the chair all day so retreating to the sewing cave seemed like a good idea. Upon entering the cave, I realized I had been dumping books and supplies for the past month. The room was a mess - complete with three purses waiting to be completed. Since I cannot stand working when the room is a mess, I spent considerable time straightening, sweeping and rearranging. Once the surfaces were cleared, I proceeded to sew covers for three pillows. My next project awaits me - a liner for a felted purse that was crocheted by a friend. Hopefully it will be finished before I go to bed tonight.

My efforts prove a rainy day can be a very productive day!

No comments:

Weather, Here & There

Here: ------------------------------------------------------ There: