Monday, September 13, 2010

Weight Loss

Da hubby was accepted in the weight loss program at our local hospital. Last week was his first week of appointments to meet with the nurse, nutritionist and fitness trainer. I tagged along to the first two meetings but skipped the fitness trainer. I wish I had gone to that appointment too - da hubby convinced the trainer he couldn't use any of the weight machines and the trainer believed him. Today da hubby saw the nurse & got weighed - he lost 8 pounds since last week. The nurse assured him it was probably water weight and the weight loss wouldn't be as high next week. Losing weight that fast is not healthy. We shall see what next week brings.

His first weight loss class was tonight - I tagged along. The subject was weight training. There are some machines I would encourage him to stay away from but others would do him a lot of good to use. He is still unsure so the instructor promised to type up a list of the machines for da hubby to bring with him when he sees the doctor later this month. I think I will tag along for that visit.

His weight loss has encouraged me to get serious about losing my weight too. I've been trying but the pounds will not budge. Today was the first day of eliminating fat foods for lunch. For the next two weeks, I'm going to drink a protein shake for lunch. Hopefully this will kick start the weight loss again.

No comments:

Weather, Here & There

Here: ------------------------------------------------------ There: