Monday, January 17, 2011

Busy Productive day today!!!

Today was/is a holiday - no work for me today. Well, no paying job today but boy I worked. I finally tackled cupboards in my kitchen and decluttered - four, almost 5 bags of trash was hauled to the dumpsters. Some of the items in the bags were outdated food - can you say 3 old cans of shortening (what was I thinking?) and some were knick-knacks that have worn out their usefulness. Some of them were covered with so much greasy dust it was impossible to clean them properly - bye-bye clutter.

I know da hubby thinks I'm crazy but da son will be happy to find the cluttered cupboard that houses different size containers - some with and some without lids - for leftovers has been neatly arranged! Only bowls with lids on, under or neatly stacked on top grace those shelves now. My spices are all arranged alphabetically (I still need to make a list so I don't buy duplicates) and the old spices have been tossed. Did you know McKormick has a website that tells you how old your spices are? Check it out, here is the link: http://mccormick.com/Spices101/HowOldSpices.aspx . I could not believe I had spices taking up space in my cupboard that were bottled in 1996 - rather old wouldn't you say?

Anyway, with Flylady's help, I hope my cupboards never get out of control again. It is way too much work to clean up the mess.

No comments:

Weather, Here & There

Here: ------------------------------------------------------ There: