Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Snow Day!!!

The hubby works 3rd shift. Today he arrived home shortly before 5:30 am and informed me there would be no school today because the roads were bad. I promptly tuned into our local TV station and was dismayed to find out the hubby did not have the facts - just gut instinct.

You see, I work for a school district that is notorious for being one of the few schools still open during inclement weather. There are many reasons why we are still open - we don't have buses traveling rural routes, our students need a warm safe place to be and our administration probably fears losing $$$ for too many days off school.

Never-the-less, I continued watching TV. Soon, the breakfast bar scrolled across the screen announcing school was closed. I bounced out of bed, ate breakfast, showered, got dressed, read some e-mails and touched base with friends on Facebook.

Then, I tackled the last cupboard in my kitchen that did not get de-cluttered last weekend. Unfortunately, the men in my life (my hubby & son) were still sleeping. The pots & pans clanging did not seem to disturb my husband but it wasn't long before my son came out with daggers in his eyes. Some men will never appreciate the value of clean and well-organized cupboards - even if it is early in the morning.

Is it too much to hope for another snow day tomorrow?

No comments:

Weather, Here & There

Here: ------------------------------------------------------ There: