Sunday, January 13, 2008

Busy Lazy Day

Lounged around all morning, cooked all afternoon. Baked cinnamon swirl raisin bread and hamburger buns. Actually, the bread machine did most of the work. I also roasted a chicken, made the sauce for bbq chicken sandwiches, pulled the meat off the chicken bones. For supper tomorrow night we will have bbq chicken sandwiches on homemade buns.

After pulling most of the meat off the bones, I put the bones in a pot with water, a stalk of celery, 3 carrots, an onion and some spices to simmer. Tomorrow, I will skim the fat off and freeze the chicken stock in ice cube trays for later use.

I was going to make wet burritos for supper tonight but someone ate most of the cheese. Unfortunately, I did not find this out until I had three pans simmering on the stove, one with meat, one with beans and one with grave. Well, I finished simmering, let them cool a little and put them in containers in the fridge for dinner, probably Tuesday or Wednesday.

Made shepard's pie for the first time. The son surprised me - had 3 helpings. He usually avoids foods with veggies. The hubby was thinking about taking his 3rd or 4th helping when I intervened. Seems he has this problem, if there is food he will eat it. I got two containers, a small one for me for lunch tomorrow and another one for someone else - whoever gets it first. Thank you to all the wonderful chefs at recipezaar.com for these delicious recipes.

Unfortunately, I did not get much exercise tonight but ... tomorrow is Zumba - yeah!

No comments:

Weather, Here & There

Here: ------------------------------------------------------ There: