Sunday, January 20, 2008

I'm not a Spammer!!!!!

Well, after being shut down for a week, I'm back. Apparently Blogger thought I was a spammer. Let me make this perfectly clear I am not now, never was and never will be a spammer. I hate spam - out of a can and on my computer!

Anyhow, it's cold here. Not a lot of snow but enough. I am ready for spring. I am also ready for an afternoon marathon cooking day. Did this last weekend and the hubby, son & I ate pretty good this week. This weeks meals are all coming from the low-fat recipe section of recipezaar.com . This is a terrific web site.

Went to the mall yesterday and bought myself a sweet little salad bowl for school lunch. Unfortunately, I didn't buy fresh lettuce at the grocery store. Oh, well, the intent was good. I also bought some new patterns at the fabric store for my pattern collection. The patterns were onsale for only $1.00 apiece. Good to have on hand. Picked up a sweet quilting magazine cause it had bright vibrant colored quilts in it. Even thinking of making one. Bought several fat quarters because they were warm and bright colors.

Just read an explanation why fat quarters are called fat quarters. Never knew this. See, fabric is sold by the yard (or portion of a yard). If you purchased a quarter yard of quilting fabric the piece of material would be 9" x 44". This make a piece of fabric 396 square inches. Not a very usable piece of fabric. But, some entrprising person said "hey, lets cut the fabric down the middle making the fabric 22 inches wide instead and make the length 18 inches. The piece of fbaric is still 396 square inches but a much more usable piece of fabric. I like to have fat quarters on hand for various appliques.

Have been in touch with the oldest daughter. She is in New Zealand this week. Sounds like she is having a great time. Can't wait to visit her.

Enough rambling for now. I have work to do.

No comments:

Weather, Here & There

Here: ------------------------------------------------------ There: