Wednesday, July 30, 2008





Yesterday, we took a drive along the Sunshine Coast of Australia. We got off the Bruce Hwy and traveled through the Glass House Mountains. Despite being out of shape and, in my case, wearing the wrong shoes, we managed to climb to the lookout tower on Mt. Beerburrum. I hope you enjoy these pictures!









Several times, I gave up my hike up the mountain, partly because of a fear of heights, partly because I was afraid of going down, partly because I was out of shape and wearing the wrong shoes!

At one point I was sitting on a rock trying to decide what to do next when two men and a woman came down the trail. The woman told me I was the smart one. I looked down at my feet and told her I wasn't very smart because I was wearing the wrong shoes. The woman turns to the men and and says "Look at that, she's wearing thongs!" I think, no I've never worn a thong in my life, why would she say that? Ohhhhh, in Australia shoes like mine are called thongs. Blimey!








I'm glad I made it to the top! The view was definitely worth it.





Sorry Susie D, I know I look like an ill-prepared tourist but I wore the socks anyway!

No comments:

Weather, Here & There

Here: ------------------------------------------------------ There: