Sunday, February 24, 2008

Cats and Dogs

The hubby worked 3rd shift last night. Normally, when the cats wake up, he gets up and feeds them (it could be 2 am, 3 am, whenever). If he doesn't, Leo, the little boy cat will knock everything off the dresser, fireplace, bathroom counter - anything to get attention. The hubby chuckled last night as he hinted I will have to get up to feed the little buggers. Nothing got knocked off last night. However, there was a huge cat fight around 4 am this morning. The fight started by the window in my bedroom. I through a pillow and the hubby's balled up PJs in the direction of the hissing and fighting. It didn't work. The fight escalated. I got up to break it up. The took it behind and under the bed where they know I can't reach them. So, I opened the cupboard on my night stand, brought out the catnip and gave it a shake. Out come both cats. I lured Leo out of the bedroom and shut the door in his face. When I turned around, Allie -the girl cat, was standing on the bed by my pillow. I put the catnip in the cupboard, moved Allie and crawled back in bed. Leo stood outside my bedroom door crying; don't know how long 'cause I went back to sleep. The empty cat dishes and the unopened can of food are still sitting on the counter where the hubby left them. The cats can eat dry food today!

The dog. The hubby normally lets the dog out when he gets up in the morning. Since the hubby isn't here (he is working 1st shift after working all night), the dog hasn't been out yet. I got up at 7 am because I assumed the dog needed to go outside. After all, he normally goes out between 4 & 5 and then again at 7:30 for me on weekdays. I open the door to his room and he can barely open one eye. I open the back door and invite him outside. Ha, I don't blame him. It's cold out there. But wait! I just got out of bed for you dog! You are going outside. He finally complies and is busy doing his duty when I spot the Chronicle carrier hoofing down the street. I slip my feet into my crocs and rush out to the end of the driveway while the dog is at the end of his leash choking and barking on the steps. Don't know if he finished his business but he is back in the house and sleeping on the carpet.

The cats keep giving me the evil eye. The forget who they are dealing with

No comments:

Weather, Here & There

Here: ------------------------------------------------------ There: