Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Snowman Soup

In the last week I have made snowman soup (hot cocoa) and chocolate chip cookies for seven 3rd grade classes. I challenged them to read books, take tests and score big points. The kids did great and certainly earned a special treat. One of their teachers told me this afternoon that I sparked the kids interest in reading and they were even using MEAP strategies of consulting the text in the books to confirm the right answers! It's things like this that makes me love my job. Unfortunately there are other parts of the job that make me wish I had chosen a different profession.

Made tacos for supper tonight. The boys devoured every scrap of meat. I guess that taco meat recipe is a success. Thankyou to my friends at Recipezaar.

Ok, I'm off to make a list of more "B" items to be on the lookout for my swap partner. More on that later.

Here's hoping for another snowday tomorrow.....

No comments:

Weather, Here & There

Here: ------------------------------------------------------ There: