Saturday, February 16, 2008

Twenty-three years ago

Twenty-three years ago I gave my hubby the best Valentines Day present - his first child was born. This year the oldest is living half a world away on a little island in the South/West Pacific Ocean. I arrived home from the Y Thursday night to my son, hands on hips saying "Where have you been young lady? Your daughter walked over an hour in 90 degree weather to call you.

I quickly went on line and purchased a long distance calling card so, if she returned the call, I could call her back. Well, she called back but someone had torn the paper with the village phone number off the phone. We had about 20 minutes of talk time before being cut off. After being in labor for 38 hours twenty three years ago, I guess 20 minutes of birthday wishes is going to have to be good enough.

Anyhow, I felt much better after talking to her - even though we were rudely cut off when time ran out. Then, last night while doing random things on the laptop, I noticed I had e-mail. The senders name was some random numbers. Almost send the message to the spam file but noticed the message said: "FORGOT TN SAY YESTERDAY THANK YOU FOR THE SHOES, I BROKE THEM IN ON THE WALK AND THEY WERE GREAT!" She finally has a SAT phone that works.

I sent a birthday package three weeks ago which contained random items and a lovely pair of Chacos. I can't wait until the snow melts and I can again wear Tevas and Chacos. Also in her birthday package was four 1/2 pint jars with cupcakes baked inside, a tub of frosting and birthday candles.

No comments:

Weather, Here & There

Here: ------------------------------------------------------ There: