Monday, February 11, 2008

Free Beer and Hot Wings

I worked late last night on the new jacket I am sewing. I was hoping today would be another wonderful snow day. It should have been a snow day. It was colder than last Thursday. The roads were nasty too. Drove through a white out less than a mile from home. Idiot guy in pick em up truck fish tailed when he stepped on the gas at the traffic light and almost took out my front quarter panel. I decided if I had one more close call I would turn around and go home. Listened to the Free Beer & Hot Wings show on the radio on the way to work. They are playing some tapes from Producer Joe's early days in radio. The comedy of it all changed my mood and I made it across town to work. Thank you Free Beer & Hot Wings! Got to school just as the last two busses were unloading and decided to wait - of course I was still listening to the show so it made the wait worthwhile. When I got inside I was greeted with another messy library. Books on the rack facing every which way. The boss still doesn't know how to load a rack!

Attendance was quite low. Was told we have to have at least 75% of the kids in attendance or the day doesn't count. Don't know the final results. After lunch and one more class, moved to 2nd building where I was stood up by three kindergarten classes. Apparently today was day 101 so they watched a movie to celebrate. The 2nd grade class came in at the end of the day with their long term sub. They didn't seem as needy today. Oldest daughter g-mail chatted with me at the end of the day. She is heading back to her village and will be without internet (or electricity and all the benefits of home) until sometime in May. It was nice talking to her and I will miss our chats.

Anyway, the jacket. Last night I accidently sewed the center front seam. Ripped out the seam and went to bed. Tonight I managed to sew on one sleeve. This was after I skipped Pilates and Zumba (which was good because Zumba was cancelled). I slept in the chair most of the evening, watched Dance Wars and then sewed on the sleeve. No patience so I quit for the night. Now, I'm off to bed.

Pretty bad when a couple of guys nicknamed Free Beer & Hot Wings are the high point of my day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

really enjoy your blog.

Love that WalkerTracker thing you have. Great idea

Weather, Here & There

Here: ------------------------------------------------------ There: