Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The things children say

I stopped in to visit a friend today in an elementary building where I used to work. As I was walking down the hall, I stopped to talk to a student, I think he is in 1st or 2nd grade. Here's how the conversation went:

"Hey, do I know you?"

"I don't know, do I know you?"

The student told me his name, I told him mine.

His eyes lit up and he stuck his head into his classroom and announced, "Hey everybody! Mrs. O is back!"

Several students came out in the hallway to say hi and give me hugs. (they are so good at that).

After greeting them, I suggested they should return to the classroom before we get in trouble, told them goodbye and then headed down the hallway. As I was walking away, I heard one of the students say, "That's Mrs. O? She used to be a lot older!"

Don't you just love children, you never know what they will say. Personally I love Sara the magician beautician who cuts and colors my hair in a style & color that must make me look younger.

No comments:

Weather, Here & There

Here: ------------------------------------------------------ There: