Sunday, February 3, 2008

Sunday



I have been busy cooking today. Because of my efforts, my hubby has vegetable pizza to eat for the big game. I made meals for the next week (or two or three). In the fridge are 5 baggies of carrots, celery & radishes for my lunch bags this week long with cabbage beef casserole and shepards pie. In the freezer is taco meat and two baggies of lightly seasoned browned ground chicken. I also chopped up cabbage for coleslaw. In the crockpot is cabbage soup, on the stove simmering is bbq chicken for sandwiches and a huge Rachel Ray pot of chicken/vegetable stock.

Here's one of the chickens. It's hard to see it but there is a can of diet coke stuck up his butt.

I also signed up for a swap on Recipezaar. Never done this before but it sounds like fun. I contact my "partner" and then before the end of the month, pack up inexpensive items that begin with the letter B and mail them to my swap partner. If you are reading this and can think of unusual "B" items, feel free to post them. If you're my swap partner, no peeking or you won't be surprised.
I made a fast trip to the mall to buy a walking foot for my sewing machine. I'm sewing 72 sandwiches of material together to make "squares" for my new jacket. With my regular sewing machine foot, the fabric keeps shifting and the sandwiches are sloppy. Hopefully the walking foot will eliminate this problem.
The SuperBowl is on, I'm moving to the sewing room. I'll hook up the computer so I can watch my e-mail and also watch the commercials. I already missed one good one.

No comments:

Weather, Here & There

Here: ------------------------------------------------------ There: